8. Juli 2013

My crazy housemates, or: "Pig Booms" are "so very etepetete"

At home I share the apartment with four pets and two people. Here, it's surprisingly little creepy-crawlies, but 8 people living in the same house. There's one empty bedroom at the moment because we share rooms - it's chaotic, but I love it...

It's a chaotic mix between languages (Lao, English, German, Oi and Thai from the TV), ages (kindergarten to - umm, my age), interests (learning Lao, the "A-B-C-D"-Song, "Gangnam Style", the movie "Rapunzel") and eating habits (muesli with fruit for breakfast or noodle soup?). My second-youngest housemate and I draw pictures together, in return she teaches Olivia and me fruit and vegetable vocabulary in Lao and cracks up with hysterical laughter if one of us says "mac appöl" instead of "mac appön". I taught the girls to say "etepetete" instead of "highso" (which they believe is a real English word, meaning "posh").

Sometimes being the teacher of one of the teenage girls and at the same time being her housemate leads to funny situations: While she's learning songs like "Do you like banaaanaas? Yum-yum-yum" in the afternoon, late in the evening we end up dancing in our livingroom with all our housemates to crazy Asian music, making silly faces and laughing at the teenage girls imitating "pig booms" (big boobs) with their ice cream containers. 

"Bah" means "crazy" in Lao. 

Keine Kommentare: